July 2019

𝓙𝓾𝓡𝔂

This month, is the last month of my summer break, and I will admit I am definitely feeling very bittersweet about it. I have loved my break and also missed feeling useful haha. Regardless I will be spending the end of this month getting ready for the year to begin and I am not looking forward to it. I wanted to travel more, I wanted to do more projects, but the simple fact is that, between Quinn's medical bills, and Cassie's medical bills, that just wasn't an option. And that's okay. I'd rather have my family slowly get healthier, then to blow all of that off and try to spend money I don't need to spend. Also, I'd rather have my savings get bigger then my budget get smaller. πŸ‘
I do have plans for next summer for myself! I'd like to try traveling alone more. Maybe just a few small trips close by that make me feel adventurous. I have always felt like I can't go anywhere unless Quinn comes with me, but that's just a silly mentality. So if any of you have any suggestions of a small quick and fun trip in the Utah area, let me know! 

 The Fourth of July wasn't anything special, which is okay. Cassie always struggles with fireworks, and now apparently so does Loki... So we stayed home and watched Independence day, which I am pretty sure I had never seen until now. Of course I loved it! 


We also took advantage of the holiday, and rented a sander from home depot to sand down our deck and finally get it sealed! I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out!
Thompson's WaterSeal Signature Series Clear Exterior Stain and Sealer (Actual Net Contents: 640-fl oz)
This is ultimately the product we chose to do the finale sealing. We bought it after completing the build process and we got it on sale, which made us happy! After sanding down the deck we felt that the natural wood grain exposed was gorgeous and we wanted to keep that! I'll update this post later once I get the deck put back together! Its got one more coat on it that needs to dry completely before I can get it all "staged" haha!


α’ͺOOK α—©T Tα•Όα—©T α—―OOα—ͺ!!!
😍
For the rest of the month with projects, I am toying with the idea of painting the vinyl flooring in the master closet/laundry. I have been doing extensive research on not only how to do it, but to do it right, where it will last a long time. I hate the flooring that's there now, so I'm really not loosing anything in the end. If I screw up, then it won't matter because I didn't like what was there in the first place, and again if it sucks, really only Quinn and I will see it because its in our room, not in a main place in the house. However if it is successful, I will consider doing it in the bathrooms and even the kitchen. It's time consuming, but WAY cheaper then updating the flooring with tile or wood flooring, which is what we would like to do, but DO NOT have the budget for it right now. 

Excuse the mess obviously, but the colors I am deciding on are a dark almost charcoal gray and a mint. I find that those two colors have such a fun contrast. Well either way, if I go through with it, I will definitely post about it here!
I will be taking a tile floor installation course at the end of this month which I am thrilled about! I have a special space in the house I will try that on if I feel comfortable with the skill after the course!

As for Quinn and I and babies, we have decided to wait. This summer has kicked our butts with bills... and unexpected emergencies, so we are holding off. Its been a real bummer, but we are trying very slowly to dig ourselves back out of debt. We don't have credit card debt, which we are proud of, but we have more medical debt then I even want to tell you about...Which I feel is the worst kind of debt, because its a continual reminder of the crap you went through. 

As for working out, I have been going strong for 3 weeks! Trying to make a change is difficult, but I am determined to get myself into the habit. It's going to be rough next month when school starts, but I don't care!

Comments

Popular Posts