May 2019

May 2019


Real quick I'll go ahead and wrap up April. Not much happened, just everyday life. I did however find a project I have been itching to work on for awhile. I got a piano! found one listed on Facebook Marketplace for $75, and am currently refinishing it. It was originally a yellow color, so I decided to change it up! More of that to come later. Also we finally made the huge decision to ripe out our old deck and install a new one.... but with April's relentless rainy weather its been delayed for almost 3 weeks... and I am going CRAZY!!! ugh... but oh well. that's about it really for April, really not much else to talk about which I am grateful for.

Now May is going to be fairly busy and I'm not sure it will be in a good way. School will be ending on May 24th so I have to start planning my summer projects, which I do really enjoy, except this summer it will be all about the outside portions of our house. We have about a quarter acre lot... which is A LOT of grass... I first need to get on a good schedule for mowing the lawn so we don't end up with a overflowing trash can for a week... but we also want to get the garden going, plant plenty of flowers and build a permanent fire pit.  I will definitely be doing updates on each of the projects we end up doing :). 
Aside from our plans we will have to figure out how to do it with as minimal cost as possible... Quinn's job has become less understanding of his health situations and have given him an ultimatum that we are currently working through, so he may or may not have to start looking for a new job in June. We are nervous but are trying to stay positive. We cannot afford to lose this income, so we will be doing what we can in the meantime to brace ourselves if it goes that direction. 
On top of that, my brother is graduating from high school, the second week of May and Quinn's niece and nephew will be graduating the third week of May. Both will be in southern Utah... Quinn can't go, so I will be going for us to represent and support on my own. I am excited, but uncomfortable about leaving so much that last month of school with my own students. Either way this is a special circumstance. I don't expect this conflict to happen anytime soon. 
One thing I have found that I have started is a challenge to save $10,000 in a year. Now with the issue of Quinn possibly losing some income, I am nervous to start it, but I think it would be necessary for us to try at this point in our lives. We have some money saved, but we definitely want to build on that regardless of what happens with out combined income. We may be eating roman noodles for months on end, but I am determined to get us in a financial state where we are confident in our position! We have a lot of life goals, and we will need to start getting serious about saving soon, or we are going to be in trouble.
If you are interested in what the challenge is, comment below and I will try to link it!

Comments

Popular Posts